Gate Access Cards
Airport Rules and Regulations are outlined in the Redlands Municipal Code, Chapter 12.56
- Federal Aviation Administration – Airfield Drivers Best Practices for Safety https://www.faa.gov/airports/runway_safety/airfield_drivers/best_practices
- Department of Homeland Security Guidelines for General Aviation Airport Operators and Users – https://www.tsa.gov/sites/default/files/2017_ga_security_guidelines.pdf
Download Gate Card Policy and Application
Application for a Vehicle Gate Access Control Card
- Complete the Vehicle Gate Access Control Card Application form and submit the form to the Facilities & Community Services Department with all required data and information for review and processing. Applicant shall allow two working days for processing. (please note City offices closed alternate Fridays)
- Provide adequate photo identification such as a valid driver’s license as proof of identification. Photo identification cards shall be photocopied for the file.
- Provide proof of the need to be permitted access to Redlands Municipal Airport (copies of current lease, proof of membership with flying club, proof of employment, etc.).
- Pay the appropriate card fee
- All Vehicle Gate Access Control Cards shall be issued for a year (365 days) from the most recent expiration date. It shall be the applicant’s responsibility to renew their Vehicle Gate Access Control Card prior to the expiration date. Reminders will not be mailed.
- Temporary cards may be issued for periods not to exceed four months.
- Applicants under the age of 18 shall have application co-signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Card Holders shall immediately report any loss or theft of the Vehicle Gate Access Control Card
- The applicant agrees to observe the 10 MPH vehicle speed limit and to operate their vehicle in a courteous manner while on airport property.
- The applicant agrees to yield to aircraft.
- The applicant will not store any vehicle on airport property and agrees to notify the airport manager when their vehicle will be on airport property for more than 72 hours.
Airport Gate Card Appointment Process
All gate card processing takes place at the Airport lobby in the Airport Supervisor’s Office.
- Walk-In: The only walk-in day is- Tuesdays from 1000 to 1130
- Appointment: Appointments must be scheduled for any other time other than Tuesday walk-in time. Appointment request must be made no-earlier than 24hrs prior to time requesting. To schedule an appointment please email your request at, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expired gate cards must make an appointment to restore service
- If you are experiencing gate card issues please email email@example.com
- New Annual Card – $30.00
- Renewal of Annual Card – $15.00
- Replacement Card – $30.00
- Temporary Card – $10.00
- Multi-User Annual Card – $10.00 (Requires family relationship with primary card holder)
- Renewal of Multi-User Card – $10.00